April Recipe of the Month
Cracker Catfish Sticks
(15 minutes) Servings: 4 to 6
In just 15 minutes, you can throw together a quick meal for your family. These catfish sticks are tasty, and healthy. In my kitchen, I have most of the ingredients on hand already which makes this recipe a winner for my budget as well.
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 lb boneless, skinless catfish fillets, cut crosswise into 1-inch strips
- ¼ cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 Tbsp mustard
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 cup whole-wheat cracker crumbs (about 28 crackers)
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp paprika, divided
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp ground chili powder
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Cover a large baking sheet with foil and mist with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix 1% low-fat milk, mustard, and honey. Coat catfish strips with mixture.
- In a large plastic bag, combine cracker crumbs, thyme, paprika and cayenne.
- Place coated strips into crumb mixture, shake bag to completely cover.
- Place catfish on baking sheet and mist tops with cooking spray. Bake for 10 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
- Refrigerate left overs within 2-3 hours.
ONIE Tip: Serve catfish with sautéed greens. Rinse, tear leaves away from stem, and chop leaves to prepare fresh greens. Spray a large skillet with cooking oil and heat on high. Add chopped garlic, a pinch of pepper flakes, and greens. Cook 2 to 5 minutes or until tender. Serve.
From the ONIE test kitchen with love and all kinds of well wishes for you this spring.