December Recipe of the Month
Ham & Broccoli Skillet
Ham & Broccoli Skillet, another great recipe, tested in the ONIE kitchen. This recipe is quick, has lots of nutrients, and is easy on the wallet.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1-4 oz package long grain & wild rice mix with seasoning packet, dry
- 1 ¾ cups water or low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups broccoli florets, frozen
- 1 ½ cups ham, cooked, cubed
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat and cook onion until tender, stirring frequently.
- Add rice and cook for 2 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add water and half the seasoning packet from the rice mix. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover the skillet and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in broccoli and ham. Return mixture to a boil, then reduce heat again to low, cover and cook 10-15 minutes until rice is tender, stirring frequently.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and serve
- Refrigerate left overs within 2-3 hours.