February Recipe of the Month
Zesty Orange Pork Chops
- 2 pork chops, boneless, halved
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 oranges (1 sliced, 1 juiced)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 Tbsp oil on medium-high; brown both sides of the pork chops.
- In a medium bowl, toss sweet potatoes in 1 Tbsp olive oil.
- In a baking dish, place meat and sweet potatoes, top with juice & cinnamon.
- Place sliced oranges on top of meat & sweet potatoes.
- Cover with foil & bake for 25 minutes or until meat is tender. Serve.
- Refrigerate left overs within 2-3 hours.
* Makes 4 serving sizes.
ONIE Tip: By adding a salad and a piece of fruit, you gain two more servings of fruits and vegetables. This recipe takes about 35 minutes to prepare including the cooking time. It is full of nutrients-11 grams of protein, 95% of the daily recommend amount of Vitamin A, and 55% of the daily recommended amount of Vitamin C. Better yet, the ONIE Test Kitchen has certified this recipe as 1 to 1. This means with only 184 calories and 39 mg of sodium, the amount of sodium in each serving does not exceed the amount of calories. Matching the amount of sodium to the number of calories in a serving is an easy way to strive for less than 2300 mg of sodium per day. Check out the back page of the ONIE 2014 Calendar, for the easy to to use salt check tool. With love from the ONIE TEST KITCHEN!
Happy Valentines Day, Stephanie, Meredith, and Veronica