Free Midwest City Family Fun Walk & Run
Happiness runs in the family! To add a little more happiness, joy, and fun to autumn, ONIE and the MIDWEST CITY YMCA are hosting the Harvest Hustle. It is a FREE family fun walk and run on November 3, 2013 at Midwest City Regional Park. It makes no difference how fast you go. Whether you are a walker, a newbie, or an athlete- Let’s get Midwest City MOVING! Enjoy the beautiful fall scenery, as you walk or run through the winding trails of the park. To add to the festivities, feel free to dress in a creative fall theme.
The Harvest Hustle will begin with a Health Expo at 2:00 p.m. Followed by a group stretch and warm-up at 2:30 pm, the 5K race will begin at 3:00 p.m. Every participant will receive a medal once the race is completed. You are also invited to bring canned food items to stock the shelves of the Mid-Del Food Pantry. To get started, the first step is to register online or in person at the Midwest City YMCA, 2817 North Woodcrest Drive, Midwest City, OK (405 733 9622). We even have a training plan to get you ready to Hustle! Other things you need to know:
- Registration is FREE, but has to be completed prior to the event. No race day registration.
- The race is open to the entire family, including family friendly pets.
- The event is a certified, non-sanctioned 5K race.
- Roller blades and bicycles are prohibited.
- The race is limited to 500 registered individuals.
- The distance is 5 kilometers or 3.1 miles.
As you set the clocks back for fall, bring the whole family to the Harvest Hustle! on November 3 at the Midwest City Regional Park. Also, check us out on facebook, Midwest City Moving.