Go Red for Women!
Go Red for Women! One in three women will die of heart disease and stroke. This Friday, Feb. 6, 2015, is designated as the day to wear red, the color of the heart, to bring awareness of heart disease and stroke among women. The ONIE Project staff will be wearing red this Friday and challenges you to join in the movement by wearing red too.
In honor of the day we are also featuring a delicious heart-healthy recipe, Chicken Cacciatore. The recipe has been tested in the ONIE Test Kitchen and meets our seal of approval for taste; what is not to love about a pasta dish. Other things that we love about this easy recipe include:
- Only 1 gram of saturated fat (4% of the daily recommended amount);
- 179 calories per serving;
- Just 35 minutes to prepare;
- Uses spices that I already have in my kitchen for flavoring; and
- Turn this recipe into a MyPlate meal by serving it with whole wheat pasta green beans & non-fat Greek yogurt topped with fruit.
From the ONIE Project Team