Eating Smart In the Rush of the Holiday
The holiday season is in full swing. Families are coming together to enjoy the festivities, open presents, drink hot cocoa, and enjoy a hardy-holiday dinner. In-between the excitement of opening presents and family gatherings everyone might start to get hungry, or you might just want a quick breakfast filled with holiday cheer. Instead of reaching for those sugar-filled holiday snacks, try these various versions of fun, festive and healthy holiday toast. ONIE created these in our test kitchen that are a blast to make as a family and will hold everyone over till dinner time. Get your toaster ready!
Healthy Holiday Toast
We used the following ingredients to make these creations but feel free to make this healthy-holiday breakfast or snack option your own:
- 6 slices 100% whole-wheat bread, toasted
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 kiwi, cut into triangles
- 1 pomegranate, seeded (click here to see how to prepare)
- 1 red apple, cut into thin slices
- 1 green apples, cut into thin slices
- 1 banana, coined
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- Evenly spread 2 Tbsp of peanut butter on toast.
- Decorate with your favorite toppings into festive treats!
Tip: Try cutting your toppings into different shapes for more creative design options.
Wishing you and those you love a happy and healthy holiday season!