It's Super Bowl Sunday!
Posted by ONIE Project on 01/29/2014
Super Bowl Snacks
Celebrate the Super Bowl with easy-to-make, delicious, and healthy food. Try out ONIE’s chicken fingers and homemade dips and have a great night with family and friends!
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 lb chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, sliced ½-inch thick
- 6 oz baked multigrain tortilla chips
- ¼ cup sunflower seed kernels, unsalted
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ¼ cup olive oil mayonnaise
- ¼ cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- ½ tsp of pepper
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Cover a large baking sheet with foil and mist with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix mayonnaise, milk, hot sauce, and pepper. Add chicken to bowl, stir to coat with sauce.
- In a large plastic bag crush tortilla chips, sunflower seeds, and coriander.
- Add sauce-coated chicken in crumb mixture. Close bag and shake bag to coat chicken with crumbs.
- Arrange chicken on baking sheet and mist tops with cooking spray. Bake for 6 minutes, turn and bake for an additional 6 minutes. Chicken is ready when it is crisp and no longer pink inside.
Homemade Ranch Dip
- ½ cup parsley
- 4 multigrain saltines
- 3 Tbsp. minced onions
- 1 Tbsp. Dill Weed
- 2 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
- 2 Tbsp. Onion Powder
- ¾ cup low fat Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup low fat sour cream
- Place saltines in a plastic bag and crush into a fine powder using the bottom of a cup.
- Add all other spices to bag and shake well. Rub bag between hands to further break up spices making a fine powder.
- Combine yogurt, sour cream, and 2 Tbsp. of spice mix and stir to combine. Note: For more intense flavor, let the dip chill in the fridge for a few hours, then serve.
- 2 cups cooked garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 2 cloves minced garlic (about 1 tsp)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. tahini (sesame paste) or substitute peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. olive or canola oil
- Mash the garbanzo beans until smooth (if you have a blender, put the beans and lemon juice into it and process).
- Add the garlic, lemon juice, tahini paste or peanut butter and oil. Mix well.
- Serve as a dip or sandwich filling
Veronica and the ONIE Project Team