June Recipe of the Month
With just 5 ingredients, this quick pasta recipe substitutes hummus for Alfredo sauce. Hummus comes in many different flavors. This recipe used roasted pepper; a great flavor to pair with pasta. There are many other flavors that will work well too. Chickpeas (garbanzo beans), the main ingredient in hummus, are rich in fiber and protein and also contain other important vitamins and minerals such as calcium, iron, folic acid, zinc, and magnesium. It can lower blood cholesterol, reduce the risk of cancer, and help with weight management. With all these health benefits, it is also yummy!
Sunshine Hummus Pasta Servings: 4
- 8 oz whole-wheat dry linguini noodles
- 16 oz roasted red pepper hummus
- 16 oz frozen broccoli florets
- 2 bell pepper (any color), sliced
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, mix broccoli, bell peppers & water.
- Cover with plastic wrap. Microwave 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are slightly tender.
- In a large bowl, mix steamed vegetables, cooked pasta, & hummus.
- Serve immediately.