October Recipe of the Month
Creamy Spinach Noodles
I love this dish. It is delicious and super easy. It can be ready to serve in 15 minutes. With this one dish, I am eating a dark leafy green vegetable, dairy, and fiber. Even though it is meatless, one serving has 10 grams of protein. Eating healthy can be tasty and fast. Even kids love it!
- 2 cups any whole wheat pasta, dry
- 1 (10 oz) package spinach, frozen, chopped
- 1/2 tsp basil, dried
- 1 Tbsp parsley flakes, dried
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp reduced-fat Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Thaw and drain spinach.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a skillet cook spinach for 5 minutes. Add basil, parsley, cottage cheese, and salt to spinach. Cook 2-3 minutes, or until heated.
- Serve spinach mix over pasta and top with Parmesan cheese.
- Refrigerate left overs within 2-3 hours.