Recipe of the Month-Pork & Vegetable Stir-Fry
Pork & Vegetable Stir Fry
I am always looking for low-cost recipes. Thankfully, ONIE publishes a recipe calender each year. Each month, a healthy, hearty and homemade recipe is featured. To be included in the calendar, the recipe must pass several tests. First, Stephanie, the ONIE dietitian, makes sure each recipe is healthy. Next, the ONIE team prepares each recipe in the test kitchen. We not only make sure each recipe tastes good, but is also quick and easy to make. Finally, ONIE asks members of the public to choose their favorite recipes. Only the best are included in the calendar. For August, 2013, the recipe of the month is Pork and Vegetable Stir-Fry. Let us know if you like it!!!!
- 8 oz whole wheat spaghetti noodles, dry
- 3 cups combined bell peppers, zucchini, yellow squash, chopped
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups pork, cooked, cut into strips
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
- Mix together sugar, soy sauce and vinegar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet. Add garlic and vegetables and cook on medium heat for approximately 3 minutes.
- Add pork and cook until heated through.
- Add pasta and soy sauce mixture and mix well. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top just before serving.
- Refrigerate left overs within 2-3 hours.
For more healthy, hearty & homemade recipes check out the ONIE website, Simple Healthy Recipes. Enjoy! Karla and the ONIE Team