Recipe of the Month- Turkey Tarragon Pitas
Turkey Tarragon Pitas
Turkey Tarragon Pitas are a great summer dish. They are light but you feel full after eating one serving. The recipe is easy, just mix everything together. You can make the recipe ahead and serve it a few days later even. Great nutrition for you and your family as well, one serving offers all 5 recommended food groups: fruit, grains, vegetables, protein, and dairy! The ONIE Test Kitchen prepared this recipe for a cooking demonstration this week. Lucky me, I got some of the left overs.
- 1 cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp tarragon
- dried 3 cups cooked turkey
- shredded 1 cup green grapes
- halved 4 (6-inch) whole grain pitas 8 oz fresh spinach
- In a medium bowl, add yogurt, mayonnaise, and tarragon, mix well.
- Add in turkey and grapes.
- Cut the pitas in half; Place spinach inside of pitas.
- Fill pitas with turkey mixture just before serving.
- Refrigerate left overs within 2-3 hours.
Printable version ONIE Test Kitchen Tip: covering and refrigerating the turkey mixture for an hour before serving will enhance the flavor. It allows time for the flavors to meld toghether. Happy Hump Day! I am loving the rain! Karla and the ONIE Project Team