Yummy Carrot Cake Cookies
Celebrate the Holidays with some homemade goodies and good times!
Finding time in the holidays to bake a sweet treat with a friend of family member is always a fun time, sometimes even better than eating the finished product. My friend and I got together last night and tried this new recipe. We were both pleasantly surprised by the end product and the ease of making this yummy treat! We listened to Christmas music on the radio while we mixed and measured, laughing from old stories. The ingredient list is a bit long, but it is easy to mix together, and the end result is AMAZING! These light and sweet cookies are a perfect alternative to all the heavy cream and high calorie treats offered during this time of the year.
Carrot Cake Cookies
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 ½ cups carrots, finely grated
- 1 cup raisins
- Heat oven to 350° F
- In a large bowl, mix sugars, oil, applesauce, eggs and vanilla extract thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients together.
- Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients thoroughly.
- Stir in raisins and carrots.
- Drop by teaspoonful on cookie sheets. With a fork, flatten the cookie dough.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
We hope you have a fun holiday filled with good times and great food! Meredith and the ONIE Project