Spooktacular Healthy Treats!
Halloween is an exciting time! What’s more fun than dressing up in costumes and taking your family to collect Halloween treats? But be warned, many of those treats are full of scary sugar! Luckily, ONIE has braved through the sugar-filled haunted treats to bring you fun Halloween snacks that cut the added spooky sugar and can be made as a family for all to enjoy!
Ghost Grahams (makes 16)
- 8 Graham crackers squares
- 1/4 cup Nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Break graham crackers down into small rectangular pieces & place on tray.
- Cover graham crackers in yogurt & place chocolate chips for eyes & blueberries on crackers for the mouth. Enjoy!
Yogurt Pumpkins (makes 18)
Ingredients & Materials
- 18 Twist pretzels
- 1 kiwi, pealed and finely diced
- 1 cup nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt
- Parchment paper
- Yellow food coloring
- Red food coloring
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper & set aside. In a medium size bowl add 1 cup yogurt & yellow & red food coloring. Mix thoroughly.
Dip pretzel in yogurt until covered. Remove from bowl & place on baking sheet. Add kiwi to create “pumpkin stem”. Repeat.
Freeze for 1 hour. Remove from freezer & enjoy!
Apple Monsters (makes 6)
- 2 granny smith apples, cored & quartered
- 2 Tbsp slivered almonds
- 3 Strawberries, sliced
- 1 Tbsp Nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup Creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- Using a knife remove center of each apple quarter.
- Coat inside of each apple with a layer of peanut butter.
- Place strawberry inside apple to create “tongue” & almond slivers to create “teeth”.
- Place a dab of yogurt on top of apple. Add raisin to top of yogurt to create eyes. Enjoy!
We hope you have a happy and healthy Halloween!
For more fun ONIE holiday recipes click here!
The ONIE Project