Let's Get Midwest City Moving
Follow all things Midwest City Moving on Facebook!
Let's Get Midwest City Moving Initiative:
Launched in November 2013, the Let’s Get Midwest City Initiative is a series of free family fun 5k walks and runs. The purpose of the initiative is to get families in Midwest City and surrounding communities physically active. In addition to the 5K walk/run, the Midwest City Moving initiative features a variety of family friendly activities and a wellness expo at the Joe B. Barnes Regional Park. The wellness expo introduces individuals and families to the many health resources available in Midwest City and the metro area. Let’s Get Midwest City is hosted by the ONIE Project and the Midwest City YMCA and supported by many generous community sponsors.
Check out the video below of the 2014 Harvest Hustle Wellness Expo & 5k:
2014 Splash Dash 5K Walk/Run Event
Let's Get Midwest Citiy Moving Details:
- One Sunday afternoon in October every year
- Wellness Expo: 1:00 - 3:00 pm
- Race Start: 3:00 pm
- Joe B. Barnes Regional Park, Midwest City (S.E. 15th Street Side, where MWC Holiday Lights begins)
- Free, family, fun wellness expo and 5K. The wellness expo is full of interactive games, resources, and giveaways. These include face painting, hula-hooping, lung powered regatta, jump roping, potato sack racing, YMCA's Zumba, stress release activities, dental health activities, fire truck tours, ambulance tours, and opportunities to bring canned food to stock the Mid-Del food pantry. If interested in being a vendor with the Wellness Expo please contact our wellness expo coordinator Jade Owen, email@example.com
- The event is absolutely free to the community and there is NO selling of products or services allowed at the event. You are required to register to participate in the 5K.
- We wanted to provide a fun filled environment for families to be active together. This is a complete not compete event. There is no official timing and all skill levels are welcome and encouraged to attend! We asked that everyone respects each other and understands this is a non-competitive community focused event.
- With the primary host being the ONIE Project this event would not be successful without the support of the MIDWEST CITY YMCA, Midwest City Parks & Recreation, along with many other local businesses, state, county, city agencies, and non-profit organizations. If your organization or business is interested in sponsoring a component of the event please contact our Sponsorship Coordinator Stephanie DeBerry, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you or your organization is interested in volunteering for this event please register here.