- Non-stick cooking spray
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 cup white flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 Tbsp orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat baking sheet with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt. Stir in walnuts & cranberries.
- In a separate bowl, add applesauce, oil & juice. Mix well.
- Gradually add applesauce mix to the dry ingredient mix, stirring throughout.
- Cover dough & refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Once dough is chilled, flour hands & roll dough into 1 1/2 inch balls & place on baking sheet.
- Bake cookies 12-15 minutes, or until lightly brown.
TipsAdd a pecan or other nut to the top of each cookie before placing the baking sheet into the oven for a more charming touch.
|15 servings per recipe|
|Serving size||2 cookies (55g)|
Amount per serving
% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 9g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 29g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|Total Sugars 19g|
Includes 13g Added Sugars
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|