- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups frozen onion, bell pepper & celery mix
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups unsalted chicken broth
- 1 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1 Tbsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 (15 oz) cans black-eyed peas, drained & rinsed
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium. Add frozen vegetables & cook 4-5 minutes, or until warm. Drain excess water.
- Add garlic, broth, barley, Italian seasoning, lemon juice & pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover & simmer 10-15 minutes, or until barley is tender.
- Add black-eyed peas & cook 3-4 minutes, or until warm.
TipsYou can substitute different frozen vegetable mixes to change the flavor of this recipe!
|6 servings servings per recipe|
Amount per serving
% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 6g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 60g||22%|
|Dietary Fiber 14g||50%|
|Total Sugars 6g|
Includes 0g Added Sugars
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|