- 1 lb 90/10 lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14.5 oz) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 oz) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups instant brown rice
- 1 large cabbage head, chopped into bite-size pieces
- Heat a large stockpot over medium-high. Add beef, onions, & garlic. Cook 8-10 minutes, crumbling meat, stirring occasionally.
- Add water, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce & cabbage. Cook 5-7 minutes or until cabbage is tender.
- Add rice & cook 5 minutes or until rice is fully cooked.
- Divide into bowls & serve!
TipsChoose 90% lean ground beef for less fat. The same delicious taste but a healthier option!
|6 servings per recipe|
Amount per serving
% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 7g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 2.5g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 39g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 8g||29%|
|Total Sugars 10g|
Includes 0g Added Sugars
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|