- 1 1/2 cups instant brown rice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 yellow plantains, peeled and sliced ¼ inch thick pieces
- 1 lb round steak, cut into strips
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen diced mango
- 2 tsp curry powder
- ½ cup roasted unsalted peanuts
- Prepared rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium, add onions & garlic. Cook 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add beef to skillet & cook 5-7 minutes, or until beef is cooked through.
- Add mango & curry powder. Cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat & stir in peanuts.
- In separate skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-low, add plantains & cook 2-3 minutes each side, until golden brown.
- Serve beef mixture over rice & plantains.
|6 servings per recipe|
Amount per serving
% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 14g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 2.5g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 48g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||18%|
|Total Sugars 14g|
Includes 0g Added Sugars
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|