- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb lean beef stew meat, cubed
- 2 (32 oz) cartons unsalted beef broth
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled & diced
- 1 lb mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup whole-wheat orzo
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high. Add onion & pepper. Cook 2-3 minutes or until onion is soft, stirring occasionally.
- Add beef & cook 5-7 minutes, or until beef is cooked through.
- Add broth, squash, mushrooms & orzo. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover & cook 12-15 minutes or until squash is fork-tender.
- Stir in kale & dill. Cook 2-3 minutes, or until wilted.
- Divide into bowls & top with cheese. Serve immediately.
|8 servings per recipe|
Amount per serving
% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 11g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 3.5g||18%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 36g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||21%|
|Total Sugars 4g|
Includes 0g Added Sugars
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|