- 1 (13.25 oz) box whole-wheat spaghetti
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 lb 90/10 ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup cactus (nopales), diced
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (6 oz) can no-salt-added tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup frozen sliced carrots
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Prepare spaghetti according to package directions. Set aside.
- Lightly coat a large, deep skillet with cooking spray & heat over medium. Add beef, onion, cactus, pepper & garlic. Cook 10-12 minutes, crumbling meat, stirring occasionally until meat is cooked through.
- In a medium bowl, whisk tomato paste & water until smooth. Add tomato mixture & carrots to skillet. Mix well. Reduce heat to low & cook 7-8 minutes.
- Serve beef & vegetable mix over spaghetti, topped with cheese.
Cactus & bell pepper have a similar taste & texture.
|6 servings per recipe|
Amount per serving
% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 11g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 3.5g||18%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 61g||22%|
|Dietary Fiber 9g||32%|
|Total Sugars 7g|
Includes 0g Added Sugars
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|