- 1 lb 90/10 ground beef
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups frozen pepper & onion mix
- 3 Tbsp no-salt added tomato paste
- 1 cup unsalted beef broth
- 1 Tbsp reduced-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 2 Tbsp cold water
- 8 whole-wheat hamburger buns
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Heat a large deep skillet over medium-high. Add beef & cook 4-5 minutes, crumbling meat, stirring throughout.
- Add chili powder, garlic powder, pepper & onion. Mix well. Cook 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomato paste, broth & Worcestershire sauce & bring to a simmer.
- In a small bow, whisk together cornstarch & water. Add to skillet & stir 2-3 minutes, or until sauce thickens.
- To serve, top bun with 1/2 cup beef mixture & 2 Tbsp of cheese.
TipsChoose 90/10 ground beef to lower fat and calories in this meal!
|8 servings per recipe|
Amount per serving
% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 11g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 27g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||14%|
|Total Sugars 5g|
Includes 0g Added Sugars
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|