- 1 lb 90/10 lean ground beef
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 (10 oz) pkg frozen onion & bell pepper mix
- 1 large unpeeled sweet potato, diced
- 1 Tbsp no-salt-added tomato pasta
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 oz) can no-salt-added black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large, deep skillet, heat over medium-high. Add beef, garlic, oregano, cumin & chili powder. Cook 4-5 minutes, crumbling meat, stirring throughout.
- Add onion & bell pepper mix, garlic. Sauté 3-4 minutes.
- Add sweet potato, tomato paste, tomatoes & beans. Mix well. Reduce heat to low, cover & simmer 20 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat & stir in cilantro.
- Evenly divide chili into bowls, top with cheese & serve.
TipsTry topping chili with plain non-fat Greek yogurt for added flavor & protein!
|6 servings per recipe|
|Serving size||(368 g)|
Amount per serving
% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 11g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 25g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 7g||25%|
|Total Sugars 5g|
Includes 0g Added Sugars
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|