- 1 cup quick-cooking barley
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 lb 93/7 lean ground turkey
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups frozen kale
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 2 Tbsp whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a saucepan, prepare barley according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over high. Add sweet potatoes, turkey, rosemary & garlic. Cook 10 minutes or until turkey is cooked through, crumbling throughout. Add kale & stir to combine.
- Lightly coat a large casserole dish with cooking spray. Combine turkey mixture & barley in the skillet. Spread evenly in the casserole dish.
- In the saucepan add flour, milk & broth. Whisk continuously until smooth. Add 1/2 cup of cheese and heat on low. Whisk until cheese is melted.
- Pour sauce over turkey mixture. Top with remaining cheese & bake 10 minutes or until sauce is bubbly & cheese is melted.
TipsDon't like kale or want to switch it up? Use fresh or frozen spinach instead.
|6 servings per recipe|
Amount per serving
% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 16g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 44g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 9g||32%|
|Total Sugars 4g|
Includes 0g Added Sugars
|Vitamin D 1mcg||6%|
|* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|