- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh minced thyme
- 3 carrots, sliced, greens separated & chopped
- 1 leek, trimmed & leaves removed, diced
- 1 bunch baby turnips, peeled & diced, greens separated & chopped
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 (32 oz) cartons unsalted chicken broth
- 1 cup quick-cooking barley
- In a large stockpot, heat oil over medium-high. Add chicken, garlic & thyme. Cook 5-7 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned.
- Add carrots, leek, turnips, broth, vinegar & barley. Bring to a boil. Cover & simmer 12-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat. Stir in carrot and turnip greens. Cover & let sit until greens are wilted.
- To serve, top with fresh thyme.
TipsIt is important to peel turnips before you cook. The skin has a bitter taste & will change the flavor of your dish.
|8 servings servings per recipe|
Amount per serving
% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 8g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 1.5g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 30g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||21%|
|Total Sugars 3g|
Includes 0g Added Sugars
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|