- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 (15.5 oz) cans great northern beans, drained & rinsed, divided
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 2 cups unsalted chicken broth
- 1 (4 oz) can chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup non-fat sour cream
- 2 Tbsp whole-wheat flour
- In a stockpot, heat oil over medium-high. Sauté red onion & celery 3-5 minutes, or until tender.
- Place one can of beans into saucepan & mash slightly.
- Add remaining beans, chicken, broth, chilies, pepper & bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover & simmer soup 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream & flour until smooth.
- Add mixture to soup. Cook 1-2 minutes, or until thickened, stirring throughout.
TipsFlavor it up! To increase flavor to this chili, try adding in some cumin, oregano, cloves, or even cayenne if you're wanting some spice!
|6 servings per recipe|
Amount per serving
% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 5g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 39g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 8g||29%|
|Total Sugars 3g|
Includes 0g Added Sugars
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|