- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 (8 oz) carton fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tsp chipotle pepper powder
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 Tbsp whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a microwave safe baking dish, add 1 inch of water. Cut squash in half, scoop out seeds & poke holes on both sides of squash using a fork. Place it face down in dish. Microwave squash 10 minutes or until soft.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat oil & garlic over medium-high. Add chicken & cook 5-7 minutes or until golden brown on all sides
- Add mushrooms, broccoli & chipotle powder. Cook 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Slowly stir in milk, flour & cheeses until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Caution squash may be hot. Using a fork, scrape flesh of squash into a large bowl. Add skillet contents to spaghetti squash & mix well. Serve immediately.
TipsSpaghetti squash is a delicious substitute for pasta in most recipes!
|8 servings per recipe|
Amount per serving
% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 10g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 3.5g||18%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 12g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|Total Sugars 5g|
Includes 0g Added Sugars
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|