- 2 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 3 cups unsalted chicken broth
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed thoroughly
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup peanuts
- In a large bowl, add cumin & pumpkin pie spice. Mix well. Add chicken & onions to bowl. Toss to coat.
- In a large deep skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add chicken & cook 5-7 minutes or until chicken is browned, stirring throughout.
- Add tomatoes, apricots & broth. Bring to a boil. Add quinoa & reduce heat to low. Cover & simmer 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and liquid is absorbed.
- Serve topped with parsley & peanuts.
TipsSubstitute apricots for other dried fruit like raisins or dates.
|8 servings per recipe|
Amount per serving
% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 17g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 2.5g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 41g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 7g||25%|
|Total Sugars 16g|
Includes 0g Added Sugars
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|