- 1 1/2 cups instant brown rice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Cook rice according to package directions. Fluff with fork, add cilantro & set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix chili powder & cumin. Season both sides of chicken with spice mix.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Cook chicken 7-8 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Add juice & syrup to skillet. Cook 1-2 minutes to thicken sauce, stirring constantly. Remove from heat & stir in peppers.
- Serve chicken over rice & spoon extra sauce over chicken.
TipsIn a rush? Cut chicken into smaller pieces for faster cooking!
|4 servings servings per recipe|
Amount per serving
% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 11g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 1.5g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 40g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|Total Sugars 9g|
Includes 6g Added Sugars
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|