- 2 cups instant white rice
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 1/2 lbs Japanese eggplant, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 (8 oz) package snow peas, ends trimmed
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Fluff with a fork & set aside.
- Heat a large, deep skillet over medium-high. Add oils, chicken & eggplant to skillet. Cook 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring often. Add garlic, ginger, red pepper & onions. Cook 3-4 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Add teriyaki sauce & peas. Cook 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are thoroughly cooked, stirring often.
- Serve stir-fry over rice.
TipsToasted sesame oil give this dish a smoky flavor. You can substitute other oils as well!
|6 servings per recipe|
Amount per serving
% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 12g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 1.5g||8%|
|Trans Fat g|
|Total Carbohydrate 27g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||14%|
|Total Sugars 7g|
Includes 0g Added Sugars
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|