- 2 cups instant brown rice
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 (8 oz) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 3 small green onions, thinly sliced
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Fluff with fork & set aside.
- Meanwhile, lightly coat a large skillet with cooking spray & heat over medium-high. Add chicken & red pepper flakes. Cook 5-7 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- In a small bowl, stir together lime juice, vinegar, soy sauce & honey. Set aside.
- Add pineapple, bell pepper & soy sauce mixture to skillet. Cook 3-5 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Serve chicken over rice & top with onions.
TipsBell peppers are an excellent source of Vitamin C!
|6 servings per recipe|
Amount per serving
% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 4.5g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 41g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||11%|
|Total Sugars 12g|
Includes 6g Added Sugars
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|