- 1 1/2 cups uncooked whole-wheat macaroni
- 2 Tbsp whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 1/4 cups non-fat milk
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 cup frozen onion & bell pepper mix
- 1 lb 90/10 ground beef
- 1 cup frozen spinach
- 1 1/4 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain & set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix flour, garlic powder & cayenne pepper. Stir in milk until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add carrots, onion & pepper mix. Saute 3 minutes. Add beef & cook 7 minutes, or until cooked thoroughly.
- Reduce heat to low. Add spinach, milk mixture & cheese. Mix thoroughly.
- Remove from heat. Add macaroni & serve immediately.
TipsSubstitute other vegetables for different flavors!
|6 servings per recipe|
Amount per serving
% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 18g||23%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||35%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 27g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||14%|
|Total Sugars 4g|
Includes 0g Added Sugars
|Vitamin D 1mcg||6%|
|* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|