- 1 1/2 lbs 93/7 lean ground turkey
- 2 large zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups non-fat cottage cheese, drained
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (15 oz) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Heat a large skillet over medium. Add turkey & cook 7-8 minutes crumbling meat, stirring occasionally. Drain & set aside.
- Slice zucchini in long, thin strips.
- In a large bowl, mix cooked turkey, cottage cheese & half of the cheese.
- In a medium bowl, add tomato sauce & carrot. Mix well. Lightly coat a square glass baking dish with cooking spray. Place 1/2 cup sauce in the dish. Layer with zucchini, then cheese mixture. Repeat twice, ending with cheese mixture. Top with remaining cheese.
- Cover with plastic wrap, leaving a corner open to vent. Microwave on high 5 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
Home cooked & healthy. It's easy to hide shredded veggies in most recipes!
|9 servings servings per recipe|
Amount per serving
% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 12g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 4.5g||23%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 9g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|Total Sugars 5g|
Includes 0g Added Sugars
|Vitamin D mcg||%|
|* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|