- 1 1/2 cups dry whole-wheat penne pasta
- 1 lb 96/4 lean ground pork
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, cut in half moons
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 (14.5 oz) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 oz) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high. Add pork & onions. Cook 4-5 minutes or until browned, crumbling meat, stirring throughout.
- Stir in zucchini & carrots. Cook 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are fork-tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, sauce, garlic powder & pepper. Cover & cook 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in cooked pasta. Cook 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat & serve.
TipsYou can easily swap ingredients in this recipe for what you have at home!
|6 servings per recipe|
Amount per serving
% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 5g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 35g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||21%|
|Total Sugars 7g|
Includes 0g Added Sugars
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|