- 1 cup instant brown rice
- 4 eight ball squash, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 lb 93/7 lean ground turkey
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium bell pepper, diced (any color)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 (15 oz) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese, divided
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare rice according to package directions. Fluff with fork & set aside.
- Scoop out & discard squash seeds. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium. Add turkey, onion & garlic. Cook 5-7 minutes, crumbling meat, stirring occasionally. Add bell pepper & Italian seasoning. Stir & cook 3-4 until meat is fully browned.
- Remove from heat. Stir in rice, tomato sauce, & cheese.
- Lightly coat a large casserole dish with cooking spray. Fill squash with turkey mix & place in dish filling-side up. Top with remaining cheese & bake uncovered 20-25 minutes or until squash are crisp-tender & filling is hot.
TipsIf squash are unsteady, cut a thin slice off bottom to make them stable.
|4 servings per recipe|
Amount per serving
% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 14g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 38g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||21%|
|Total Sugars 10g|
Includes 0g Added Sugars
|Vitamin D 1mcg||6%|
|* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|