- 2 large sweet potatoes, cubed
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs 93/7 lean ground turkey
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp ground oregano
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables (corn, green beans, carrots & peas)
- 1/4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups part-skim shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Fill a large stockpot with water. Add potatoes, cover & boil 12-15 minutes or until fork-tender. Drain & set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, add oil & onion. Sauté on medium-high 2-3 minutes, or until onions are soft. Add turkey, garlic powder & oregano. Cook 5-7 minutes, crumbling meat, stirring occasionally until meat is cooked through. Stir in mixed vegetables. Mix well.
- Add milk to stockpot & whip potatoes until fluffy.
- Lightly coat a large casserole dish with cooking spray. Spread turkey & vegetable mixture on bottom. Carefully scoop & spread potato mixture on top of turkey. Top with cheese & bake 10-15 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes & serve.
TipsFor a different flavor, substitute the oregano with thyme or rosemary!
|8 servings per recipe|
Amount per serving
% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 17g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 19g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||14%|
|Total Sugars 5g|
Includes 0g Added Sugars
|Vitamin D 1mcg||6%|
|* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|