- 2 cups instant brown rice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb tilapia fillets
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (8 oz) carton fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (6 oz) can no-salt-added tomato paste
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 1 lb potatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Fluff with fork & set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add tilapia & garlic. Cook 5-7 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Shred tilapia & move to the side of the skillet.
- Add onions & mushrooms. Cook 3-5 minutes or until golden brown. Combine vegetables & fish in skillet.
- In a small bowl add tomato paste, vinegar & water. Mix well.
- Stir in tomato mixture to skillet. Reduce heat to low, add potatoes & cook 15 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Serve skillet over rice & top with parsley.
TipsServe this tasty Tilapia Medley with a simple spinach & tomato salad on the side.
|6 servings per recipe|
Amount per serving
% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 7g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 47g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||14%|
|Total Sugars 6g|
Includes 0g Added Sugars
|Vitamin D 2mcg||10%|
|* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|