- 3 cups whole-wheat rotini pasta
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (8 oz) carton fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 cups cold 1% low-fat milk
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas & carrots
- 2 (6 oz) cans tuna in water, drained
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain & set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add onion & mushrooms. Cook 3-5 minutes or until onions are soft, stirring throughout.
- In a small bowl, add cornstarch & cold milk. Whisk together.
- Add cornstarch mix, flour & pepper to skillet. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium. Stir in peas & carrots. Cook 5 minutes.
- Add tuna & 1/2 cup cheese. Mix well. Stir in pasta & heat until warm.
- Top with remaining cheese and serve.
TipsChoose 1% low-fat milk to decrease calorie and fat content in this dish!
|6 servings per recipe|
Amount per serving
% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 11g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 41g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||18%|
|Total Sugars 8g|
Includes 0g Added Sugars
|Vitamin D 3mcg||15%|
|* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|