Hearty Homestyle Chicken Soup
- 4 cups unsalted chicken broth
- 6 cups water
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1 (10 oz) bag collard greens, finely shredded
- 1 (8 oz) carton fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- In a large stockpot, bring broth & water to a boil on medium-high. Add potatoes & simmer 7 minutes or until almost tender.
- Add barley, greens, mushrooms, garlic powder & pepper flakes. Mix well & simmer 5 minutes.
- Add chicken & pepper. Simmer 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Divide soup evenly into serving bowls, top with cheese & serve immediately!
Encuentra la receta en español aquí.
Mix it up! Try a different whole grain like brown rice, whole wheat pasta or quinoa!