Turkey Meatball Veggie Soup
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese, drained
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 lb 90/10 lean ground turkey
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 6 cups unsalted chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups fresh green beans
- 2 small yellow squash, diced
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- In a large bowl add egg, cottage cheese, garlic powder, Italian seasoning & 1/4 cup parmesan cheese. Mix well. Add turkey & mix with hands until combined. Shape into 1 inch meatballs.
- Lightly coat a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray and heat over high. Add meatballs to skillet & cook 4-5 minutes, flip & cook additional 4-5 minutes.
- In a large stockpot bring broth to a boil. Add green beans & squash. Cook 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add meatballs & simmer 3-5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Stir in spinach & cook 2-3 minutes or until wilted. Add parsley.
- To serve top with remaining parmesan cheese.
Encuentra la receta en español aquí.
Vegetables can be subbed with fresh or frozen options