Fresh Veggie Flowers
- 1 (8 oz) bag cubed cheddar cheese
- 3 large carrots (any color)
- 2 medium cucumbers
- paring knife
- cutting board
- Cut carrots & cucmbers into 1/4 inch thick slices (thick enough to hold a toothpick)
- Cut cucumber slices into half moons. Cut a V shape wide enough to remove seeds.
- Starting from the center of the carrot, cut a triange pointing outward. Make a slice at the edge on either side of the triangle to remove two small triangle-shaped pieces of carrot, making a tulip shape. (see collage above)
- Poke a toothpick in the bottom of tulip-shaped carrots. Slide cut cucumber v-side up on toothpick toward the carrot.
- Stick a cheese cube on the bottom of the toothpick. Repeat!
Encuentra la receta en español aquí.
Larger cubes of cheese may be required if using thick-cut veggies.