Cranberry Orange Nut Cookies
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 cup white flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 Tbsp orange juice
- 3 Tbsp sugar (for optional topping)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly coat baking sheet with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt.
- Stir in walnuts & cranberries.
- In a separate bowl, add applesauce, oil & juice. Mix well.
- Gradually add applesauce mix to the dry ingredient mix, stirring throughout.
- Cover dough & refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Flour hands & roll dough into 1 1/2 inch balls & place on baking sheet. (roll in sugar optional)
- Bake cookies 12-15 minutes, or until lightly brown.
- Remove from sheet to cool.
Encuentra la receta en español aquí.
Add a pecan or other nut to the top of each cookie before placing the baking sheet into the oven for a more charming touch.