Southwest Turkey Meatballs
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 2 egg whites
- 2 slices 100% whole-wheat bread, torn up
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup 50% less sodium beef broth
- 1 (15 oz) can reduced sodium black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large bowl combine turkey, egg whites, bread & pepper. Mix well.
- Shape into 16 meatballs, each about the size of a golf ball.
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium-high. Add meatballs & cook 15 minutes turn until browned on all sides.
- Stir in corn, broth, beans, tomatoes, lime juice & cumin. Reduce heat to medium. Partially cover & cook an additional 10 minutes or until meatballs are cooked thoroughly. Stir in cilantro & serve.
Encuentra la receta en español aquí.
Choose reduced sodium or no-salt-added products such as broth or canned items to decrease sodium.