Southwest Salad with Creamy Cilantro Dressing
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro, stems removed & minced
- 1 avocado, peeled & diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp distilled vinegar
- 1 large head of Romaine lettuce
- 1 (15 oz) can no-salt-added black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 5 green onions, chopped
- In a medium bowl, mash avocado with a fork. Add cilantro, garlic, yogurt, lime juice, olive oil & vinegar. Mix well & set dressing aside.
- Tear lettuce leaves into bite-sized piece & place place into a large bowl.
- Add beans, peppers, tomatoes, corn & onions. Toss to combine.
- To serve, drizzle dressing over salad.
Encuentra la receta en español aquí.
Black beans are a great meatless protein option. They are high in fiber, but low in fat!