Moroccan Chicken & Chickpea Stew
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 (14.5 oz) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups unsalted chicken broth
- 1 (16 oz) bag frozen stir-fry mix
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- In a large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp oil over medium-high. Sauté chicken 5-10 minutes, or until completely cooked. Set aside.
- In a stockpot, heat 1 Tbsp oil over medium-high. Add onions, cumin & cinnamon. Sauté 5 minutes, or until onions are tender. Add tomatoes, broth, stir-fry mix & raisins. Turn heat to low & simmer 7-8 minutes.
- Add chicken & chickpeas to pot. Cook 3-4 minutes, or until chicken is heated through.
- Divide evenly in bowls & serve.
Encuentra la receta en español aquí.
Lower sodium! Less salt/sodium does not take away flavor. When buying canned products search for reduced sodium or no-salt-added!