- 2 cups dry whole-wheat penne pasta
- 1 (15.5 oz) can white beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 oz) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, divided
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Add beans during last 1-2 minutes of cooking to warm beans. Drain & set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add zucchini, bell pepper & garlic. Cook 4-5 minutes or until edges begin to brown, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in tomatoes. Cover & cook 3-4 minutes, or until tomatoes are warm.
- In a large serving bowl add pasta & beans. Add rosemary & 1/4 cup cheese. Toss to combine.
- To serve, spoon zucchini mixture over pasta & top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
TipsChange it up! Try making a lighter version of this dish with zucchini pasta.
|6 servings per recipe|
Amount per serving
% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 12g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 15g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 53g||19%|
|Dietary Fiber 10g||36%|
|Total Sugars 6g|
Includes 0g Added Sugars
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|