- 8 oz whole-wheat angel hair pasta
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 large bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled, grated
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp oil & bell pepper over medium-high. Sauté until peppers are tender. Add sweet potato, garlic powder, tomatoes & water. Cook 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Cover & keep warm.
- Drain pasta, keeping 1/2 cup of pasta water & set aside. Return pasta to pot. Add vegetable mixture, remaining oil, parsley, tarragon, lemon juice & cheese. Mix well.
- If needed, add pasta water gradually to reach ideal consistency.
TipsFor more fiber and less work, leave the sweet potato skin on!
|4 servings per recipe|
Amount per serving
% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 12g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 59g||21%|
|Dietary Fiber 9g||32%|
|Total Sugars 5g|
Includes 0g Added Sugars
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|