- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 lb butternut squash, peeled & diced (yields 3 cups)
- 2 cups unsalted beef broth
- 1 (15.5 oz) can white hominy, drained & rinsed
- 1 (15.5 oz) can no-salt-added pinto beans
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 avocado, peeled & diced
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- In a large stockpot, heat oil over medium-high. Add onion, garlic & cook 5 minutes, or until onions begin to brown, stirring throughout.
- Add squash, broth, hominy, beans, tomatoes & chili powder. Reduce heat to medium, cover & cook 25 minutes, or until squash is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Serve soup topped with avocado & cilantro.
TipsDon't have time to prepare the butternut squash? Check your local grocery store for frozen butternut squash. A faster option for those with little time.
|6 servings per recipe|
Amount per serving
% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 7g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 42g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 12g||43%|
|Total Sugars 8g|
Includes 0g Added Sugars
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|