- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans no-salt-added crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 (16 oz) bag frozen cauliflower
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 cups water, divided
- 1 (10oz) bag frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup instant brown rice
- In a large saucepan, add oil & heat over medium. Add onion, cumin, ginger, pepper. Cook 4-5 minutes, or until onions are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes, chickpeas, cauliflower, raisins & 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat & simmer 15-20 minutes, or until liquid thickens, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions.
- Add spinach to vegetables. Cook 2-3 minutes, or until spinach is warm.
- Serve over rice.
TipsHave some extra veggies on hand? Dice them up and add them to the saucepan for more flavor and nutrients.
|6 servings per recipe|
Amount per serving
% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 7g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 53g||19%|
|Dietary Fiber 11g||39%|
|Total Sugars 16g|
Includes 0g Added Sugars
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|