- 3 lbs red potatoes, diced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeño, finely diced
- 2 (4 oz) cans chopped green chiles, drained
- 3/4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1/4 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp chipotle pepper powder
- Fill a large stockpot with water, add potatoes & bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium & simmer until potatoes are fork-tender. Drain, return potatoes to stockpot & set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add onion & sauté 5 minutes or until translucent, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in bell peppers & jalapeño. Sauté another 3-5 minutes. Stir in chilies & remove from heat.
- Add milk & yogurt to the potatoes. Mash thoroughly. Add cheese, onion mixture & chipotle pepper to stockpot. Mix well. Add additional milk if needed.
TipsChoose low-fat or fat-free dairy products to make healthy homemade dishes that are low in saturated fat.
|12 servings per recipe|
|Serving size||1/2 cup (202g)|
Amount per serving
% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 4g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 22g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||11%|
|Total Sugars 4g|
Includes 0g Added Sugars
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|