Couscous-stuffed Baked Sweet Peppers
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup unsalted beef broth
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 4 bell peppers (any color)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 oz dried apricots, diced
- 3 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 (14.5 oz) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 Tbsp unsalted sunflower seed kernels
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan bring water & broth to a boil. Add couscous to saucepan. Remove from heat, cover & set aside until all liquid is absorbed.
- In a large stock pot boil 4-6 cups water.
- Halve peppers lengthwise; remove core & seeds. Place peppers in boiling water & remove pot from stove. Leave peppers in water 3 minutes. Drain & set aside.
- Fluff couscous with a fork. Add oil, vinegar, apricots, cheese, tomatoes, sunflower seeds & parsley. Pepper to taste & mix well.
- Fill peppers with couscous mixture; gently pack down with the back of a spoon. In a shallow microwave-safe dish place peppers, filling side up.
- Microwave 5 minutes, or until peppers are tender. Serve immediately.
Bell peppers provide vitamins A & C, which are great for your immune system and skin! Side note: Red bell peppers tend to be sweeter than green.